Morning Bagel: The grunting game
The Morning Bagel is your daily dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• All right, tennis nerds. Name that grunt.
• Everyone has used tennis balls lying around. Who knew they could help open jars?
• Great stuff on the peculiarities of players and their rackets from The Wall Street Journal's Tom Perrotta.
• More on the young American ladies who are bringing cautious excitement at the U.S. Open.
• Louisa Thomas' last piece on Venus Williams for Grantland.
• The New York Times' Karen Crouse talks to Venus.
• Joel Drucker with a beautifully written piece about his late wife. This is what words are for.
• This Lincoln Daily Star story features a picture of a 10-year-old Jack Sock hanging with Andy Roddick.
• Bud Collins on Juan Carlos Ferrero's victory against Gael Monfils.all these people