Morning Bagel: Good eats at the Open
• The U.S. Open has the best food of any Slam. Hands down.
• Todd Spiker's entertaining and thorough recap of Monday night's Caroline Wozniacki/Svetlana Kuznetsova match at WTA Backspin.
• Pete Bodo gives a racket clap to Ana Ivanovic and Serena Williams.
• Novak Djokovic and Alexandr Dolgopolov put on quite the show on Armstrong.
• Great piece on the people behind the athletes: parents.
• Nice summary of tennis pieces in The New Yorker.
• Scheduling at a Slam is a nightmare. Good summary here on the factors that go into the decision-making process.
• The technological advancements in racket strings.
• A critique of the Sam Stosur/Maria Kirilenko scheduling debacle.
• James LaRosa's always-entertaining Week 1 Honor Roll and Week 1 Shame Stick.this Slate gallery