Morning Bagel: Murray's mum has the scoop
The Morning Bagel is your daily dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Judy Murray, Andy's mum (that's what they call them across the pond), is blogging from the U.S. Open. Her blogs are always a must-read.
• FoxSports.com's Greg Couch on Sloane Stephens and her complex relationship with her late father.
• Is there a double standard when it comes to player conduct?
• You gotta love Donald Young's success just for all the writing it's spawned. S.L. Price argues that Young's Twit-burst was the best thing that could have happened to him. Greg Couch examines the curse of expectation. Grantland's Louisa Thomas on DY's redemption.
• Busted Racquet breaks down the winners and losers from Tuesday's rain delay.
• Is women's tennis too nice? Probably. What's wrong with that?
• You don't need to speak Russian to be entertained by this video: Dinara Safina is taking hairdressing lessons. With Serena's nail technician training, they could start their own salon spa.
• Bruce Jenkins evaluates the prospects of the young American women.
• Rafael Nadal's mom freaked out when she heard he started cramping during his press conference. Uncle Toni? He kept eating.
• Women's Wear Daily talks to my favorite member of the ESPN crew, Pam Shriver. "This is typical Shriver," John Koblin writes. "It’s unpredictable. It’s a little strange. It’s bizarrely self-assured. It’s also incredibly funny." Pretty much.
• Slate's Hang Up and Listen podcast takes on the U.S. Open. The discussion starts at the 30-minute mark.Advice for teenagers