Morning Bagel: Post-U.S. Open edition
The Morning Bagel is your daily dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Form holds on the final day of what New York Times columnist George Vecsey calls the weirdest U.S. Open ever. (Thanks to reader Randy Burgess for the link, which we added after the Morning Bagel was posted.)
• Why Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal owe fans an apology.
• More hand-wringing over the state of American tennis, this time focusing on the juniors.
• Jon Wertheim's closing thoughts on the U.S. Open.
• Mike Bryan was fined $10,000 for putting his hand on an official.
• If you are to believe an unnamed source, Serena Williams is sorry.
• This has always frustrated me. If we can put a man on the moon, surely we can build a better tennis video game.Andy Murray