Daily Bagel: Federer shines in Paris
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Before we dive into Roger Federer analysis, is the above Feliciano Lopez-Michael Llodra point from the first round in Paris in the running for best point of the year? Sound off with alternatives in the comments.
• Federer played "great" and all is once again right in the world, writes Pete Bodo.
• Federer sets another record, but stresses his primary goal is simply to win by playing solid tennis, rather than checking milestones off a list.
• Federer snags the only Masters title that eluded him; worrying about Novak Djokovic's closing stretch; John Isner can swing with the bigs; more notes from Paris.
• The Swiss star now has a locomotive named after him.
• Venus Williams has changed her diet to combat Sjogren's Syndrome.
• Want to meet Rafael Nadal? Here's your chance.
• Women's Tennis Blog continues the series of childhood photos. Check out little Vika Azarenka. • Non-tennis: The New York Times takes us into Google's top-secret lab that most employees don't even know exists.