He Said/She Said: Tweets of the Week
As the players head down to Australia to kick off the 2012 season, some, like Julia Goerges, took to Twitter to ring in the new year. Others, like Laura Robson, spent it with family and "friends," and then there was Serena Williams, who used the time for some much-needed reflection. Here's the best of the week from the Twitterverse.
Tweet of the Week: Brad Gilbert's wife, Kimberly, has come up with some creative ways to keep her hubby focused on his errands.
Best of the Rest
10. Guten nacht: Goerges rings in the new year with authority.
9. The Expendable Djoker: We're all curious about how Novak Djokovic's cameo in The Expendables 2 will play out, Amer.
8. When in Rome: Ireland's Conor Niland finds himself participating in a time-honored tennis tradition: the Hawkeye Slow-Clap.
7. Killer to the curb: Darren Cahill makes way for the arrival of Ivan Lendl.
6. Release the Kraken: Andy Roddick is ready to go.
5. Andy and Robbo 2.0: Laura Robson's aunt sure was fond of her niece's brief on-court pairing with Andy Murray at Hopman Cup.
4. #nestorforever: A restless Roddick spent half a day trying to trend a hashtag.
3. Twintuition: Twins, man. Twins.
2. Symbolism?: Three days after his Georgia Bulldogs lost in triple overtime to Michigan State in the Outback Bowl, John Isner found himself sculpting ... a puppy.
1. Perspective: Never forget.