Daily Bagel: Kim Clijsters' return
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Kim Clijsters thinks she'll be ready for the Australian Open and is ready to give it one more go regardless of her injuries. "There were definitely moments where I was like, 'Oh, maybe, maybe it's supposed to be this way. Maybe I've had a good second career and maybe this is it.' But then there was always something that felt like, 'No, I don't want to quit like this. I don't want to quit because of an injury.'"
• Steve Tignor's thoughts on Rafael Nadal's 2012 season. "It’s an odd position to be in: No matter how well Rafa thinks he’s playing, he won’t have any idea whether he’s getting closer to his goal until he actually sees Djokovic on the other side of the net."
• Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Milos Raonic are the rare big men who play like "big men."
• The New York Times' Ben Rothenberg summarizes the Mardy Fish/Grigor Dimitrov spat in Perth.
• Great interview with Janko Tipsarevic on his tattoos, impoverished upbringing, and strive for success. “I don’t think I am going to give you a sad story about my family not having any money and being poor... By the way, all of that is true.” Well worth a read.
• The importance of Li Na on the marketing of the Australian Open.
• Nice profile on 2011 U.S. Open junior champion Grace Min.Bill Cosby appreciation day we thank you