The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Watch the hands, Stan! In the video above, Wawrinka inadvertently (we think) got friendly with a lineswoman on Wednesday. Somewhere Frank Costanza is ticked that Stan stole his move.
• Greg Couch weighs in on the different sides of the Rafael Nadal-Roger Federer dispute and ultimately sides with Nadal. "Nobody plays the game as violently as Nadal," Couch observes, "but average humans play it closer to his way than to Federer's ultra-smooth style. Djokovic has an odd serving motion, and his shoulder is never going to last." In fact, Couch says "it's a much bigger issue than the player mini-revolt suggested." But don't expect change anytime soon. "That would take untangling the world's biggest ball of yarn first."
• Louisa Thomas looks at the general sense of unhappiness that seems to surround tennis these days, looking at Samantha Stosur as a prime example. "Sometimes winning doesn't get the monkey off your back," Thomas writes. "Sometimes winning is another monkey."
• Particularly enjoyed Wednesday's Mailbag from Jon Wertheim, with bits on Caroline Wozniacki, Margaret Court and a defense to accusations that the tennis this week has been awful.
• In this amusing video for CNN.com, Aisam Ul-Haq Qureshi goes speed dating for a new doubles partner.
• Spiders, snakes, and bugs. Players reveal a fear of creepy crawlers.Downton Pawnee Tumblr