The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• In case you missed it, some highlights from John Isner's victory against Roger Federer in Davis Cup.
• Matt Cronin examines the U.S. Davis Cup team's best road wins.
• The New York Times profiles Roscoe Tanner's attempt to get his life back on track after financial troubles led to prison time. “I know I let everyone down,” he said. “I didn’t represent the sport the way I should have. Getting into the trouble that I’ve been in, and the things that I’ve done, haven’t represented the sport well. I’m not proud of myself for that.”
• Martina Navratilova is high on Victoria Azarenka and Petra Kvitova, but wonders about Maria Sharapova's ability to keep up. “I don’t know if she can be fit to compete with those two because they’re stronger physically,” Navratilova said.
• Jelena Jankovic's purse was stolen from a Paris boutique last week. "You know what they say, a women's bag is like a woman's soul," her mother, Snezana, said. People say that?this one