He Said/She Said: Tweets of the Week
This week, Rafael Nadal has dinner with Cristiano Ronaldo, the Williamses get Posh, and Andrea Petkovic gives what is hopefully a promising update on her injury recovery. Here's the best of the week from the tennis Twitterverse.
Tweet of the Week: It took three years, but the WTA finally makes peace in the Middle East.
Best of the rest
10. RN10 dines with CR7: Rafael Nadal had dinner with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo. I think they're friends. So why does this look like a proof of life?
9. Pam thoughts: Pam Shriver tip-toes around the "R" word after Andy Roddick loses early in Memphis.
8. Next question, please: The answer is no, John.
7. Olivetti superfan: The ATP site was devoid of much information about Albano Olivetti, the No. 388-ranked Frenchman who upset Mardy Fish in Marseille. But British doubles specialist Ken Skupski knows what's up.
6. Pish, Posh: Serena and Venus Williams may have won majors, but Posh is major. Or "mayjah", as she'd say.
Fun with @evalongoria and the Williams sisters x vb yfrog.com/ocs3obkj
— Victoria Beckham (@victoriabeckham) February 24, 2012
5. Remembering the victims: Gisela Dulko and Paula Suarez dedicate their first win in 2012 as a doubles team to the victims of the commuter train crash in Buenos Aires.
4. Pressure is a privilege: Golf and tennis often get thrown in together when people talk about individual sports. Fish points out one significant difference in light of this week's World Golf Championships.
3. She has a point: BTB Twitter fave Sloane Stephens nails another tweet.
2. Broken hearted: Someone's been listening to a lot of Whitney Houston lately.
1. Does this mean what I think it means?: Andrea Petkovic has been sidelined since Sydney with a stress fracture in her lower back. Let's hope this tweet means we'll be seeing that Petko dance soon.