He Said/She Said: Tweets of the Week
Tweets of the Week returns with our favorite 140 character missives dispatched from Miami, where the players are battling the heat, humidity, and each other at the Sony Ericsson Open. As one legend retires, another budding star joins Twitter, and one former No. 1 is slumping both on and off the court.
Tweet of the week: Leave it to Fernando Gonzalez to swing for the fences after the last match of his career on Wednesday. Happy trails, Gonzo!
Best of the rest
10. Welcome to the Twitter: Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova joins Twitter.
9. To every generation, a boy band: I can't keep up either, Brooklyn. Did "New Kids on the Block" or "'N SYNC" look this young back in the day?
8. Class Act: Novak Djokovic really does wear that No. 1 crown well.
7. Hug it out: The yin-yang of emotions in a tennis locker room.
6. Shhhh...: It's a secret?
5. Off-court slump: Here's some free romantic advice for you, Rory: Let her win.
4. Pimp my ride: Having seen some of the golf carts tooling around on the Indian Wells courses, this doesn't surprise me.
3. Grab a jug: If you're not following Swedish No. 1 Sofia Arvidsson on Twitter, you should. She's stealthily good.
2. Sam I am: Gotta love a tennis federation that doesn't have a whole lot of confidence when its World No. 5, Sam Stosur, takes the court against a qualifier ranked No. 111 in the world.
1. Street cred: You mean it's not normal to walk around with a credential lanyard around your neck at all times?