Daily Bagel: Roger Federer wants No. 1
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• I'm still trying to figure out how Rafael Nadal hit that backhand flick on Thursday.
• Roger Federer gave some exclusive interviews to a select group of reporters in Switzerland on Thursday. Here's the (approved) English translation of his interview with Federer biographer, Rene Stauffer.
"To get back to No. 1 would indeed be a crowning moment, absolutely, it would be incredible. Therefore I’m doing everything for it and played more tournaments."
• Seann William Scott and Andy Roddick are virtual twins and Scott is totally going to roll with it.
"I was in Seville and I didn't know that he was staying at the same hotel and I love the guy - I don't know him but I think he's a great tennis player - I had a big group of people, (shouting) 'Andy Roddick, Andy Roddick' coming up to me. I was so blown away they weren't calling me (American Pie character) Stifler I'm like, 'I'm gonna ride this Andy Roddick thing for a while', sign Andy Roddick's name for like an hour!"
• Congratulations to James Blake and his fiancée, who are expecting a baby.
• Speaking of babies, congratulations are in order for Cara Black and her husband, who welcomed baby boy Lachlan into the world on Thursday in Melbourne.
• A CNN profile on Victoria Azarenka, wherein she dons a chef's hat and cooks some fish.
• Non-tennis: This is the best picture you'll see in a while.See or read something that you enjoyed and want to share? Feel free to email or tweet us links to pieces from around the Internet that may have slipped past our radar.