Daily Bagel: Getting tricky on the return
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• No Gael? No problem. Check out German qualifier Dustin Brown's behind-the-back return of serve during his second-round loss to Marcos Baghdatis on Wednesday at the BMW Open in Munich.
• Tournament-field news: Mardy Fish has entered the Wimbledon tune-up at Queen's Club, a positive sign that his health is improving. Caroline Wozniacki and Agnieszka Radwanska are confirmed for the New Haven Open in August, or as I like to call it, The Wozniacki Championships (the Dane is undefeated there with four straight titles). And John Isner will play at The Boodles, a grass-court exhibition the week before Wimbledon.
• Novak Djokovic's kit for the French Open. Looks pretty much like all his other kits, no?
• It seems everyone is trying to keep Rafael Nadal calm about the blue clay in Madrid, though they're going through odd leaps of logic to do it. In an article we linked to Wednesday, Madrid Open owner Ion Tiriac said he thinks Nadal will be "man enough" to recognize this is good for the game. And tournament director Gerard Tsobanian says the blue clay will revolutionize tennis just like Rafa did.
• Here's a link to a song by a band named Indian Wells called Deuce. Hey, do you think they're tennis fans? (Thanks @cassette88 for the tip.)
• Non-tennis: This is a very cool story of the night Junior Seau picked up a Marine captain's bar tab and serenaded him with his ukulele. Good tribute.See or read something that you enjoyed and want to share? Feel free to email or tweet us links to pieces from around the Internet that may have slipped past our radar.