The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Another day, another Gael Monfils highlight, made possible because of his poor court positioning.
• The lack of television coverage for the WTA this week has been absolutely unacceptable.
• Allistair McCaw, who has served as the fitness trainer to many ATP and WTA players, is in Madrid and offered his thoughts on the blue clay. According to McCaw, the issue isn't the color. The problems are in the court itself:
"It’s that the amount of clay covering the surface is lesser than normal. If you dig your foot into the surface and remove some of the clay, you will notice that the underlying surface is a hard rubber like mat. When water is sprayed on the surface, it become slippery. This, in my opinion, is what’s causing the main problems."
• If you're a Sam Stosur supporter, here's a fan-made iBook available for iPads and iPhones.
• Non-tennis: 29 Touristy Spots in America That Are Actually Good.See or read something that you enjoyed and want to share? Feel free to email or tweet us links to pieces from around the Internet that may have slipped past our radar.