Daily Bagel: After crying in front of his nation, Andy Murray laughs
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• VIDEO: How do you get over crying in front of a nation? You laugh. Andy Murray and girlfriend Kim Sears were in the audience for British comedy show Mock the Week. The crowd gave him a standing ovation and he laughed along with zingers like this: "Top three tearjerkers of all time: Terms of Endearment, Philadelphia and Andy Murray trying to congratulate Roger Federer without calling him a bastard."
• Is Federer the greatest athlete ever? Other than the argument that he somehow loves the sport more than anyone else (come on, really?), I think there's something to be said about the debate.
True, the 17 Grand Slams are bananas, but it's the 33 consecutive quarterfinal appearances in those Grand Slams that remain beyond comprehension and -- to me it is this fact that trumps almost all others' feats in all other sports -- that seven-year period in which Federer reached at least the semifinals in 23 straight Grand Slams. That is like Woods going seven years straight and never coming in worse than fourth in a major. Just let that marinate for a minute.
• Speaking of Federer, we'd all assume he's the one tennis player who would carry the flag for his country at the Olympics. But maybe not? Federer has been offered the honor and he's debating it.
• Get your game face on: Steve Tignor ponders why you can see it all on their faces.
• Jim Courier says the American Davis Cup team will try to follow Lukas Rosol's example and get into Rafael Nadal's head. As Victoria Azarenka would say, "Good luck with that."
• The WTAers are working hard to support the Stanford tournament.something