Daily Bagel: Rafael Nadal injury update
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• VIDEO: An Olympic Q&A with Andy Roddick. Sorry to disappoint everyone, but Andy says he probably wouldn't be good at women's gymnastics.
• Rafael Nadal says he won't return to action until his knee is healthy. Given the severity, I'm not optimistic for Montreal, more so for Cincinnati.
"The tournaments never stop so I will try to be ready for the American season but you never know you have to work hard every day and see, go day by day and see how it improves," he said. "I will compete when my knee says I am ready to compete. I don't want to go on court with bad feeling because then it is terrible."
• WTA Backspin lists the top 12 Olympic moments. How about the love for Venus' gold medal in Sydney:
"The conclusion of Williams' spectacular summer of 2000, during which she notched grand slam victories at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open, came with her claiming of Olympic singles Gold. Also grabbing the Sydney doubles Gold with sister Serena, Venus became the first woman since Helen Wills in 1924 to win both medals at the same Olympics. But, maybe even more impressively, this medal run in singles STILL stands as one of the few things that Venus has accomplished on a tennis court in her career that Serena has yet to do herself. So far, at least."
• Juan Martin del Potro has a song. It's called "Tower of Tandil."
• This is an epic picture of Mardy Fish, tennis-playing cowboy.
• Team France took the Eurostar to London.
• Non-tennis: The ill-advised Olympic beret. See or read something that you enjoyed and want to share? Feel free to email or tweet us links to pieces from around the Internet that may have slipped past our radar.