Tweets of the Week: Serena on Home Shopping Network? Yes please
From shopping with Serena, motherly love and a potential new addition to team Wozzilroy, here's the best of the week from the tennis Twitterverse.
Tweet(s) of the Week
Frequent BTB sparring partner Ben Rothenberg has made it a habit of live-tweeting all of Serena Williams' appearances on the Home Shopping Network, where she sells her Signature Statement fashion collection. His tweets are far more entertaining than the actual show, which is weird because 90% of his tweets are just transcriptions of things Serena actually says on the show.
Best of the rest
10. The Beeper King: American Irina Falconi has a run-in with a 21st century dinosaur.
9. For once, no one did: Andy Murray's Olympic mixed-doubles partner warns everyone to back off during the U.S. Open men's final.
8. Proud mum: They grow up so fast, don't they?
7. Petko and Dirk: Andrea Petkovic gets a visit on the court from Dirk Nowitzki. He's tall.
6. Puppy love: For cryin' out loud, let her focus on her tennis, Rory!
5. Tower Heist: Can Team America steal the tie against Spain?
4. Swiss Pong: Stanislas Wawrinka and Roger Federer kill some time during practice in the Netherlands.
3. Leather weather: What the
girlfriend wife wants, the girlfriend wife gets. Austrian Jurgen Melzer rockin' the leather pants at his girlfriend wife (WTA pro) Iveta Benesova's request. Congratulations to the recently married couple!
2. 3:00 a.m. tweets: Victoria Azarenka partied with LMFAO's Redfoo after she lost the women's final. Nice to see her 3 a.m. tweets sound a lot like mine.
1. A little R&R: Andy Roddick is taking to this retirement thing pretty well.