Daily Bagel: World TeamTennis eyes global expansion
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Behind the scenes of Caroline Wozniacki's photo shoot for her new underwear line. 'Nuff said.
• Billie Jean King wants to expand World TeamTennis to make it international:
King would like to see the league add one or two Canadian teams. Expanding into Europe would create logistical issues because of the brevity of the season -- 14 matches in about three weeks.
"We continue to look into that arena as well," King said earlier this summer. "If we expanded into Europe, we'd probably play at a different time of year, likely December, and it would probably have to be its own league initially, with only teams in Europe because of travel. But sometimes it can be faster and easier to travel within Continental Europe than it can be throughout the U.S."
• Matt Cronin offers his Notes on a Draw Sheet for the men.
• The WTA catches up with Flavia Pennetta after her wrist surgery. She won't be back on court until November.
• Rafael Nadal was at the Bernabeu as Real Madrid came back to beat Manchester City in the first leg of their Champions League match. Rafa's intensity as a fan looks a lot like his intensity on a tennis court.
• Jelena Jankovic and her boyfriend of four years, water polo player Mladjan Janovic, have reportedly broken up. Is there nothing sacred anymore?
• Non-tennis: A song and video called "Find me in the 90s." He had me at Reebok Pumps. See or read something that you enjoyed and want to share? Feel free to email or tweet us links to pieces from around the Internet that may have slipped past our radar.