Daily Bagel: Maria Sharapova keyed up
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Yes, the Party Rock Open is real. It starts next week in Las Vegas.
• Maria Sharapova was given the "I Heart MB" award by the Manhattan Beach City Council this week. Won't get her out of her parking tickets, though:
The 2012 Olympic athlete who took home a silver medal for Russia in her first Olympic appearance, graciously lit up the room, bantering lightheartedly with [Mayor Wayne] Powell during the presentation.
When given the key to the city, she said, "Let me ask a question: Does it pay for the meters here?" to which laughter erupted in council chambers. "Or does it open the meters so I can pay and put the money back in it? We'll work on that," she added, drawing more applause and laughter.
The lighthearted and fun exchange continued: "You wear your silver medal and have this key in your possession at all times, you can convince any meter maid not to issue you a citation."
"No, you can't," immediately proclaimed Sharapova, laughing. "I've tried all the tricks. It doesn't work."
• Peter Bodo of Tennis.com looks at the storylines for the men as they finish off the season.
• The ATP examines match stats for the Big Four in 2012.
• Victoria Azarenka, Gilles Simon, Dominika Cibulkova and Feliciano Lopez played an exhibition in Vietnam this week.
• Non-tennis: A tear-jerking collection of The 50 Most Romantic Photos Of All Time.See or read something that you enjoyed and want to share? Feel free to email or tweet us links to pieces from around the Internet that may have slipped past our radar.