The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Roger Federer has a secret weapon. It's a chocolate bear.
• Lots to noodle on from this Q&A with WTA chief Stacey Allaster, including the tour's search for a title sponsor, doping in tennis and relocating the WTA Championships to Latin America, Asia, or Eastern Europe.
"There’s no doubt if the finances are there and the facilities are there and the operator and government support — and it’s got to be government backed — but if all of those factors are ticked, it sure would be nice to go to a market where you don’t have W.T.A. tennis. It’s one of the nice things about the championships. It is that one strategic asset where you can go into a market like Istanbul and build the brand."
• Speaking to The New York Times, Lindsay Davenport offers this spot-on analysis on why Serena should dominate in Istanbul.
“It’s so made for a big server and a player who isn’t afraid to put the next ball away,” said Davenport, now an analyst for the Tennis Channel. “It’s a great surface for Serena if she goes in there and gives a hoot, honestly.”
• The Elite Eight in Istanbul scrubbed up and looked great at the WTA Championships Draw Ceremony. I can report first-hand that Marion Bartoli's boots (slide 10) look physically impossible to wear.
• Bob and Mike Bryan have clinched the year-end No. 1 ranking for the fourth straight season, eighth overall. Impressive stuff.
• In today's edition of "Rafa Spotted Everywhere But at a Tennis Court": Rafa went to Paris and took in a soccer game.
• Non-tennis: Check out the Amazon reviews for this binder.See or read something that you enjoyed and want to share? Feel free to email or tweet us links to pieces from around the Internet that may have slipped past our radar.