Daily Bagel: American void left by Roddick's retirement
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Bernard Tomic came back from a set down to beat German qualifier Daniel Brands to set up a third-round clash against Roger Federer. How about this scrambling forehand he hit to secure the break in the second set?
• Doug Robson for USA Today on the void left by Andy Roddick's absence in Melbourne.
• Video: The Australian Open asks the top players which qualities they would like to have from other players. Among the answers: Novak Djokovic wants
Rafa's Rafter's volleys, and Agnieszka Radwanska wants Sam Stosur's serve.
• Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic have buried the hatchet. Time heals all wounds.
• Some great tidbits in Steve Tignor's daily report from Melbourne.
• From CNN: How women cracked the tennis glass ceiling.
• Self-explanatory blog post from The Changeover: Bernard Tomic wears a hat. Twitter responds accordingly.
• The BBC looks at the challenges of playing in 104-degree heat.Facebook's new Graph Search feature