The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Grigor Dimitrov is having a great week in Rotterdam, beating Marcos Baghdatis 6-7 (4), 7-6 (0), 6-3 on Friday to make his second ATP semifinal of the year. Check out his speed and hands on this get off a let cord today.
• Roger Federer lost to Julien Benneteau 6-3, 7-5 in the Rotterdam quarterfinals. This postmatch quote is classic Federer.
• Video: Not to be outdone by Dimitrov, Ernests Gulbis pulls a crazy forehand lob out of his hat against Juan Martin del Potro. Gulbis lost the match 7-6 (5), 6-3.
• Carl Bialik of The Wall Street Journal examines Horacio Zeballos' improbable title run last week in Chile.
It’s also a highly unusual accomplishment to win a first title while beating a top-five opponent in the final. Just 12 players before Zeballos had done it since 1973, according to a search by Sackmann, proprietor of the tennis database Tennis Abstract.... Those players include some big names: Edberg, winner of six Grand Slam singles titles; Jim Courier, four-time major champion; former No. 4 Roscoe Tanner; 2002 French Open champion Albert Costa; former world No. 10 Mikael Pernfors; and current world No. 8 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Zeballos doesn’t have much time to match their careers: Pernfors, at 25, was the oldest to win his first title. Zeballos turns 28 in April.
• Greg Couch of Fox Sports with nice piece on Esther Vergeer. It should be noted that the article was posted before Oscar Pistorious was arrested.A father and son go to Burning Man