The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Roger Federer shows off his improvisation skills against Ivan Dodig on Monday. How does he make that look so easy?
• From USA Today, Maria Sharapova is writing messages on the camera instead of signing it like everyone else. Can't wait for her next essay.
• From Doug Robson for USA Today, it turns out the top players have a surprisingly poor grasp on the rules of tennis.
One assumes that professional athletes dedicating their lives to a sport they have been playing since childhood share a deep grasp of the rules. One would be mistaken.
Asked about a hot topic on the women's tour last week — the use or abuse of medical timeouts — former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki admitted ignorance.
"I don't exactly know the rules there to be honest," the Dane said. "Are you allowed to have two treatments on two injuries in one changeover? Is that what it is?"
• From TennisReporters.net, interesting comments from Wozniacki on the state of her friendships with Agnieszka Radwanska and Victoria Azarenka.
• For TennisChannel.com, Joel Drucker spends the day wandering the grounds at the BNP Paribas Open.
• On the No Challenges Remaining Podcast, Ben Rothenberg and I have a conversation with Andrea Petkovic. She talks Urban Outfitters, her "unemployment," dealing with the "Petko Backlash." She raps, too. Hard to top her as a podcast guest.
• Non-tennis: An ice climber takes a fall and his helmet camera catches the whole thing. Frightening.JENKINS: Time for Williams sisters to return to Indian Wells