Novak Djokovic confirms he'll play Monte Carlo Masters
According to Reuters, tournament organizers onfirmed Novak Djokovic will play the Monte Carlo Rolex Masters. Djokovic told reporters before the tournament he could not guarantee he would be ready for his first match Wednesday, but after a few days of practice he must be pleased with how his injured ankle has held up on the clay.
Djokovic, a finalist in Monte Carlo last year, will open his campaign against Mikhail Youzhny on Wednesday as part of a packed schedule that also boasts opening matches from Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray.
UPDATED: Djokovic posted a video message to his fans on Tuesday confirming he'll play on Wednesday. "I have good news," Djokovic says. "I'll be playing in Monte Carlo tournament tomorrow, my first match. I'm very excited about it to be honest because in the last 6-7 days I've been doing everything in my power after the incident in Davis Cup to recover. My ankle is in a state that is good enough for me to perform tomorrow and hopefully I can perform my best and win and see how it goes day by day."
You can see his full message here:Novak Djokovic on WhoSay