The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Milos Raonic leads ATP players in the Harlem Shake during the Monte Carlo players' party. Two words: Andy. Murray.
• Here's a classic clip of a Roger Federer gaffe when filming a promotional hit for Trans World Sport.
• Venus Williams on Sunday clinched a Fed Cup tie for the first time in her career. U.S. captain Mary Joe Fernandez picked Venus ahead of Sloane Stephens, who had lost to Sweden's Sofia Arvidsson on Saturday.
Williams opted to not tell Fernandez she had never clinched a Fed Cup match in her pitch on Saturday.
"I lied," Williams said with a chuckle. "To be honest, I wanted to be out there. I told Mary Joe yesterday 'I feel good, I feel positive.'" I pumped myself up."
Fernandez said Plantation's Stephens took the news that she was being passed over by Williams in stride.
"The first thing Sloane said was 'let me go get my dry pants [which featured the stars and stripes of the American flag] and be the loudest cheerleader," Fernandez said.
• With Marion Bartoli back on the French Fed Cup team, Amelie Mauresmo's crew defeated Kazakhstan 4-1 to stay in the World Group. Based on these photos, team chemistry isn't a problem. WTA Backspin has a thorough summary of the Fed Cup weekend, which saw Russia come back from 0-2 to beat Slovakia and Italy oust the two-time defending champion Czech Republic in the semifinals.
• The Italian Fed Cup team shared a lot of laughs this weekend, and Flavia Pennetta was there with her cell phone to capture all of it.
• Tennis Journal has launched. The online magazine features pieces from some of today's best tennis writers. You can subscribe here.
• Everything you ever wanted to know about how to read (and geek out) to tennis scorecards.Portland Thorns' first home game in the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL)