Daily Bagel: Martina Hingis to play doubles in second summer tournament
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Serena Williams finds a new hitting partner in Bastad, Sweden.
• Martina Hingis has added a second tournament to her summer doubles schedule. In addition to playing the Southern California Open , she's also confirmed for the New Haven Open.
• From Think Progress: Stop shaming Agnieszka Radwanska for her ESPN photo shoot.
• The Tennis Space interviews Dr. Stuart Miller, head of anti-doping for the ITF. He says the federation is still aiming to get the biological passport program up and running this year.
But if the question is, can you run a biological passport and nothing else, and hope to detect all incidents of doping in a sport, the answer’s no. It’s got to be part of something else and that’s why it’s being introduced. But it’s not the only thing we’re introducing. We’re doing more out of competition testing, we’re doing more blood testing, in and around the biological passport, and the passport itself. So it’s part of the picture, as is in-competition testing, as is urine testing, as is blood testing, as is EPO analysis, HGH analysis, and all those things combine to make an effective programme.
• From SB Nation, a cool visualization on how well each country performs on specific surfaces.
• CNN talks to Bob Bryan about Micaela Bryan's Twitter domination.
• Rennae Stubbs takes you inside the women's locker room on the most recent episode of the No Challenges Remaining podcast with Ben Rothenberg and I.This American Life