Video: Serena Williams talks Paris, girl power and more on Letterman
Serena Williams stopped by the Late Show with David Letterman on Thursday in a bangin' black leather dress to talk about the upcoming U.S. Open, the 40th anniversary of the Battle of the Sexes and the state of her game. Spoiler alert: She feels better than ever.
Here are some of the best moments from Serena's strong Letterman appearance.
• Serena makes it clear that while she does "spend time" in Paris, she doesn't "live" in Paris, a clarification she makes for tax purposes. "You know, they have that new tax rule ..."
• Serena teaches Letterman some French, I think?
• Serena refuses to make any predictions about the U.S. Open. "I feel good going in, but I felt excellent going into Wimbledon and I went right out," she said with an awkward laugh. "That grass is crazy, right!?!" Yeah, it really was, Serena.
• Serena says she was a junk-baller as a kid because she was smaller than everyone else.
• Serena says that if she were to play Andy Murray, she would lose 6-0, 6-0 in "five or six minutes."vivacious