Maria Sharapova hits up Broadway and the beach after U.S. Open withdrawal
After a two-week summer stint stealing almost every relevant headline in the pre-U.S. Open buildup -- She fired Jimmy Connors! She's changing her name to Sugarpova! No she's not! She's withdrawn from the U.S. Open! -- Maria Sharapova deserves some vacation time. After withdrawing from the U.S. Open with a shoulder injury, Sharapova stayed in New York to play tourist, and she's been tweeting all about it.
Let's check in on Sharapova's Twitter to see what she's been up to in the concrete jungle where dreams are made of, shall we?
• She hit up some Broadway shows and sounds a little unconvinced by The Book of Mormon:
• She surfed the internet for cute pictures of babies, as we all do:
• She met up with friends for dinner (Confession: I actually thought she started speaking in the third-person until I saw the photo):
• She's rehabbing her shoulder:
• Either the gentleman who mans the Mr. Softee truck is a stalker or Sharapova is gorging herself on some tasty soft-serve:
• Unless she decided to go for a dip in the Hudson, Sharapova got out of New York City for a few days:
• Ah, the Carribean. That explains it. Paddleboarding seems fun!
• Or not:
• She's catching up on all the TV she's missed during the season and has become heavily invested in the Sergeant Brodie/Carrie Mathison relationship.
• And now she's back in New York for Fashion Week. Whoop! Whoop!