The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Taiwanese animators with their take on the Australian Open heatwave.
• Ana Ivanovic is into the third round ... which means plenty of fist pumping. In a Q&A with Blair Henley of Tennis Now, Ivanovic discussed her trademark celebratory move and much more.
Your fist pump might be one of the most intense on tour. Does it carry over into other areas of your life? Maybe if you win a board game or get a good parking spot?
I don’t scream “Ajde!” (Serbian for “let’s go”), but I definitely fist pump. I have many funny stories about that, actually. In Toronto one year, I went into Starbucks to get coffee, and the guy says, “Oh, oh! You!” And starts going like this (fist-pumping motion). I was like, “Oh no. Yes, that’s me.” That was embarrassing and funny, but since I was a kid, I was always like this on the tennis court. Even off the court I’m always like this whether it’s basketball, card games, volleyball, whatever else I was playing.
• Juan José Vallejo of The Changeover evaluates the potential of 16-year-old Belinda Bencic, who lost to Li Na in the second round.
• Li said Bencic "played exactly like Martina Hingis." Bencic, the No. 1 junior, is coached by Hingis' mother and former coach, Melanie Molitor.
• Bernard Tomic has lost the benefit of the doubt, writes Richard Hinds.
• Sam Querrey signed an endorsement deal with Fila.
• Ross Hutchins discusses his comeback from Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
• Bonus Video: Nice video from the Australian Open on Li:.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMeAdI4nWqQtake on New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's bridge scandal