Daily Bagel: Coolest tennis players
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Andy Roddick got popped in a sensitive area during a match against Mark Philippoussis in the Powershares Series. And you can watch it from every conceivable angle.
The purpose of cool people is to entertain and inspire us, and Li Na never fails on either calling. She is relentlessly funny, and relentlessly rebellious all in one.
• Interesting take from Sandra Harwitt for ESPN.com on Sloane Stephens, Eugenie Bouchard and the price of early success.
As for Stephens, it's not that her results have been horribly mediocre since her monumental 2013 Australian showing -- they've been a mixed bag of good and bad. What's most noticeable is how drastically her demeanor has changed. Once a funny, chatty, friendly young lady, she's turned almost overnight into someone that lacks confidence on the court and is conflicted off the court. To compensate, she's developed an overactive attitude for still too little achieved.
• Steve Tignor of Tennis.com on "hype" and why players like Stephens and Bouchard get it and Simona Halep and Elina Svitolina do not.
• An interesting two-part French interview on We Love Tennis with Rafael Nadal's coach/uncle, Toni Nadal, who talks about the need for change in tennis. Not surprisingly, he thinks the ban on coaching during matches should be abolished and wants the ATP to rotate the World Tour Finals onto clay. He also gives his theories on why Nadal isn't beloved at Roland Garros. (Part 1, Part 2)
•Ana Ivanovic is trying not to get too wound up when she has a bad day at the office.
• According to this report from Scoop Malinowski, Jack Sock bailed on doubles partner James Cerretani last year at Wimbledon and didn't tell him.Rapper's Delight The Tonight Show