Daily Bagel: Roger Federer insists he practiced the hardest this offseason
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Fabio Fognini: The Silent Movie. A must-watch.
• Speaking to The Daily Mail, Roger Federer says he worked harder than anyone in the top eight during the off-season.
"December was crucial. I don’t want to say this in a cocky way but I believe I worked the hardest from the top eight in the off-season. Many guys went off to play exhibitions, or were in the Davis Cup. I had time, I put my head down and worked and I did it without any setbacks.
"I played three straight weeks without any problems, ending at the O2 Arena. I thought if I could handle that and then all the December work and emerge in good shape with no problems that would be a great platform."
• It might be time to take Federer's chances at the Sony Open seriously. In many cultures this is a sign of good luck:
Lucky me #birdpoop what are the chances? I can see the bird that did it, sitting in the palm tree!!! #cita pic.twitter.com/AKHjhHFaI8
— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) March 26, 2014
• Could the Sony Open leave Miami? Don't rule it out. As the tournament is watching itself get surpassed by other joint tournaments, tournament director Adam Barrett tells The Miami Herald the tournament could move if expansion plans aren't approved by the city soon.
• Play at the Sony Open was delayed during Tuesday's night session due to a bomb scare outside Crandon Park.
• Andy Murray's hotel is set to open next week.
• Richard Gasquet and John Isner have confirmed for the Atlanta Open.
• A first: There's a Vietnamese junior ranked inside the ITF top 50.Owen Pallet Teenage Dream