Daily Bagel: Stephens crashes out of Bogota to No. 129-ranked Duque-Marino
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Novak Djokovic practices in Monte Carlo with his new puppy, Tesla.
• Result: Sloane Stephens lost to No. 129 Mariana Duque-Marino 6-3, 6-3 in her first match in Bogota.
• Jerzy Janowicz lashed out at reporters after Poland's Davis Cup loss to Croatia.
After being interrogated by journalists at a press conference after the match on Sunday, Janowicz lost his temper.
"Who are you to criticize us?" a clearly upset Janowicz from Lodz in central Poland said, before going on to slam the sports system in the country and Poland in general.
"Poland is a country that has no prospects in sport, business or private life. Kids go to college just to get out of the country," a bitter 23 year-old Polish No. 1 said.
"We train in sheds. So why do you have such high expectations of us?"
• Roger Federer has taken a wildcard into next week's Monte Carlo Masters. Federer has never won the title there and skipped the tournament the last two years.
• Djokovic could take over the No. 1 ranking as early as mid-May.
• Peter Bodo for Tennis.com on Federer's love/hate relationship with Davis Cup.
• Here's what Ana Ivanovic and Andy Murray will be wearing at Roland Garros.
• Murray and his good friend Ross Hutchins are planning a charity exhibition to support Elena Baltacha in her fight against cancer.
• I guess this is one explanation for Murray's post Wimbledon slump. You know, other than back surgery.The 100 Best Masters Photos