Daily Bagel: Ranking Rafa's clay losses
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Highlights from Maria Sharapova's 7-6 (5), 6-7 (5), 7-6 (2) victory over Lucie Safarova in Stuttgart that took three hours and 24 minutes.
• Ed McGrogan of Tennis.com ranks, by magnitude, Rafael Nadal's 12 clay losses since 2005. It's no surprise that his only loss at the French Open, against Robin Soderling in 2009, tops the list.
One of tennis’ “Where were you when…” moments, Nadal’s cloak of invincibility was ripped by the stern Swede as foreboding clouds hung overhead at Roland Garros. ... Using even his backhand to swing points in his favor, Soderling imposed his power game on Nadal.
• A painting of Roger Federer is featured on the cover of Annabelle magazine from Switzerland. Federer also gives an interview in which he discusses his favorite athletes growing up, his weakness as a student and more topics, as The Slice notes.
• Is Wimbledon going to give Andy Murray a top-four seed?
• ESPN The Magazine's Shaun Assael on how Li Na and Peng Shuai launched a tennis craze and a new government policy in China.
• Tommy Robredo seems to know his way around a kitchen.
• Former No. 1 Juan Carlos Ferrero is opening a tennis academy in Shenzhen, China.Why confidence matters as much as competence for women