Daily Bagel: Mardy Fish trying to qualify for golf's U.S. Open
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Santiago Giraldo needed a clean shirt, so he took a clean shirt off his friend's back.
• Mardy Fish is trying to qualify for the U.S. Open today. No, not that U.S. Open...
Competing in #usopen local qualifying today: 14-time @ATPWorldTour winner @MardyFish. #RoadtoPinehurst pic.twitter.com/6yjd7xi3OA
— U.S. Open (USGA) (@usopengolf) May 5, 2014
• Stanislas Wawrinka has signed with Evian and they gave him a creepy new shirt to celebrate:
So excited to have become an ambassador for Evian!! Looking forward to a long and successful partnership! #LiveYoungpic.twitter.com/IckWgzkP8R
— Stanislas Wawrinka (@stanwawrinka) May 6, 2014
• John Tomic's 12-month ATP ban is over.
• Andy Ram has announced he will retire this year after Israel's World Group Playoff tie against Argentina.
• ATPWorldTour.com catches up with Wawrinka and gets some insight into his successful coaching relationship with Magnus Norman.
• The New York Times catches up with Richard Williams.
• Simona Halep is blogging for the WTA from Madrid.• athletes at last night's Met Gala