The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Darren Cahill shot some footage of Roger Federer's practice session with Grigor Dimitrov on Wednesday.
• Michael Chang thinks Kei Nishikori can become the first Asian man to win a Grand Slam.
Nishikori, one of the hottest young players on the men's circuit, is the first Japanese to break into the world's top 10. He climbed to number 9 last week after coming close to defeating Rafael Nadal in the Madrid Open final last weekend. Chang became part of Nishikori's coaching team last December after the latter agreed that Chang's young family could accompany him.
"Winning a grand slam is certainly a possibility. Kei is beating guys who have won slams or got to the finals and that will be a confidence booster for him to say, 'Hey, I'm doing well against these players, so why can't I just do as well [as them]'," said Chang.
• This week's issue of TIME features Rafael Nadal, who opens up about his game, his confidence, his knee and more. Here are some excerpts from the full story.
On the state of his knee …
“I’m still having pain a lot of days. The only thing I wish is that the pain is only minding me when I’m competing. Because I really like to enjoy the rest of the time of my life.”
On confidence …
“I doubt about myself,” Nadal says. “I think the doubts are good in life. The people who don’t have doubts I think only two things: arrogance or not intelligence.”
• Novak Djokovic has helped two former wartime enemies pull together in wake of the devastating flood.
• Brian Phillips for Grantland is here to help you brush up on your tennis vocabulary.
• Is crowd-funding the future of tennis?
• Marion Bartoli seems to not be experiencing any FOMO (Fear of missing out) at the French Open this year.
• Breaking down the 1999 French Open, where Andre Agassi completed his career Grand Slam.
• Kamakshi Tandon for ESPN discusses how Maria Sharapova's off-court responsibilities have been growing, but she hasn't let it affect her play (yet).
• Here's a GIF of Dominic Thiem taking a tumble yesterday in his loss to Gilles Simon in Nice.
• In the wake of Wozzilroy's breakup, here are five of the most heart-wrenching tennis breakups.• Here's Paris' ten-day weather report