The NHL slate on Saturday includes a showdown between the Pittsburgh Penguins (21-10-5) and the San Jose Sharks (20-17-1), starting at 10:30 PM ET at SAP Center at San Jose. The Penguins rank seventh in the Eastern Conference with 47 points and the Sharks are eighth in the Western Conference with 41 points.
How to Watch San Jose vs. Pittsburgh
- Game Day: Saturday, January 15, 2022
- Game Time: 10:30 PM ET
- TV: ATT Sportsnet Pittsburgh
- Arena: SAP Center at San Jose
- Live Stream on fuboTV:Start with a 7-day free trial!
Betting Information for Pittsburgh vs. San Jose
Pittsburgh and San Jose Stats
- The Penguins are seventh in the NHL in scoring (3.3 goals per game), and the Sharks are 20th defensively (3.1 against).
- The Sharks are 22nd in the league in goals scored per game (2.7), and the Penguins are fourth in goals conceded (2.6).
- Pittsburgh is sixth in the league in terms of goal differential, at +25.
- San Jose is -12 overall in terms of goals this season, 20th in the NHL.
- The Sharks have conceded 17 power-play goals (ninth in league in penalty-kill percentage), and the Penguins have scored 18 power-play goals (22nd in power-play percentage).
- The Sharks have scored 16 power-play goals (on 17.0% of opportunities, 24th in NHL), and short-handed the Penguins have conceded 9 (killing off 89.9% of penalties, second in league).
Pittsburgh Impact Players
- Jake Guentzel is one of Pittsburgh's top contributors (35 total points), having amassed 18 goals and 17 assists.
- Evan Rodrigues is another of Pittsburgh's most productive contributors through 36 games, with 15 goals and 15 assists.
- Kris Letang has two goals and 28 assists for Pittsburgh.
- Tristan Jarry has a 2.0 goals against average, and 771 saves. His .929 save percentage is third-best in the league.
- Casey DeSmith has an .888 save percentage, and has allowed 26 goals (3.3 goals against average) while recording 207 saves.
Penguins Injuries: Jason Zucker: Out (Lower body), Zachary Aston-Reese: Out (Health Protocols), Danton Heinen: Out (Health Protocols), Bryan Rust: Out (COVID-19)
San Jose Impact Players
- Timo Meier has scored 15 goals (0.5 per game) and collected 24 assists (0.7 per game), fueling the San Jose offense with 39 total points (1.2 per game). He averages 4.1 shots per game, shooting 11.0%.
- Tomas Hertl has helped lead the offense for San Jose this season with 20 goals and 11 assists.
- Logan Couture has 30 points so far, including 13 goals and 17 assists.
- Adin Hill has a .905 save percentage (32nd in the league), with 504 total saves, conceding 53 goals (2.5 goals against average).
- James Reimer has a .916 save percentage, recording 534 total saves and giving up 49 goals (2.5 goals against average).
Sharks Injuries: James Reimer: Out (Lower Body), Nikolai Knyzhov: Out (Lower-body), Jake Middleton: Day To Day (Upper Body), Alexander Barabanov: Out (Health Protocols), Jonah Gadjovich: Out (Undisclosed)
Regional restrictions apply.