Surpassed only by golf's titans, Peter Jacobsen ranks among the
most accomplished golfer-businessmen in history. He represents 10
brands and appears at 30 to 35 corporate outings a year. As a
spokesman he earns an estimated $2 to 3 million annually. Beyond
that, he fronts three shows on the Golf Channel, and his
event-management company, Peter Jacobsen Productions, runs three
Champions tour events. His course architecture firm, Jacobsen-Hardy
Course Design, is currently handling four projects. "My first
priority is still golf," says Jacobsen, who made his Champions tour
debut at last week's SBC Classic in Valencia, Calif., where he
finished third, three shots behind Gil Morgan, "but I juggle a lot
1. LEXUS Wears company logo; appears at several corporate outings
2. INFONE Wears company logo; appears in national TV commercials;
does several corporate outings a year.
3. GOLF CHANNEL Jacobsen (not PJP) is contracted to star in three
shows: Celebrity Golf, Peter & Friends and Plugged In.
March 23, 2004
4. PGA TOUR On the Champions tour, PJP runs the Constellation
Energy Classic, Jeld-Wen Tradition and Bayer Advantage Celebrity
Pro-Am. PJP also runs five amateur or pro-am events: Save-Mart
Shootout, CVS Charity Classic, Project Rush, Alta Mira Charity
Challenge and Ketel One Pro-Am Challenge Finals.
5. JELD-WEN In addition to PJP's work on the Jeld-Wen Tradition,
Jacobsen also wears the company's logo, does three or four outings
a year, and appears in national TV commercials and other
6. TITLEIST Jacobsen is a full-line player--he is equipped with
the company's hat, bag, clubs and ball. He also appears in TV ads
and is a corporate spokesman.
7. Swing Jacket swing aid. Endorses the product and stars in the
8. SUMMIT GAMING The company, which produces casino keno games, is
now producing a golf-themed keno game called Peter Jacobsen
Challenge. Jacobsen makes promotional appearances, and the company
has rights to his image and likeness.
9. INCREDIBLE TECHNOLOGIES, makers of Golden Tee video games.
Jacobsen is an endorser and consultant, and he makes one or two
personal appearances a year. The company also has rights to his
image and likeness.
10. GOLF GREENS FORE U A spokesman and endorser for this maker of
artificial greens, Jacobsen makes 20-plus appearances a year and
appears in TV ads.
11. KETEL ONE VODKA As a spokesman, Jacobsen does two corporate
outings a year and emcees at 12 Ketel One-sponsored pro-ams that
take place at PGA Tour events. PJP conducts the Ketel One Vodka
Ultimate Challenge, at which the winners of the 12 pro-ams play
each other. Jacobsen appears at that event.
12. JACOBSEN-HARDY COURSE DESIGN Founded in 1995, the company has
built 10 courses--charging an average of $600,000 a project--and
has renovated two others.
13. TAHOE MOUNTAIN RESORTS Jacobsen is spokesman and director of
golf for the two-course (one Jacobsen-Hardy design) resort in the