" • DELHOMME ON HIS LIFE AFTER THE SUPER BOWL My life hasn't changed one bit. People might look at me different. But I still love cutting the grass back home [in Louisiana]. I get on that mower, and I've got no problem doing mine, my father's, my brother's. But I live on a busy road, and a lot more people slow down or stop because they know I live there. When I see them, I'm thinking, Don't stop! Don't stop! I need to get this grass done!
• ON RETAINING HIS HUMILITY I know the kind of player I am. I'm not the biggest guy or the fastest. I don't have the best arm. I'm lucky to be on this team. I walked into the perfect place, where I just had to be a piece of the puzzle. That won't change. I may have more pressure on me than a tackle or a guard, but I know my place.
• On his lifelong love of horses Growing up in Louisiana, it was second nature: Come home from school, do your homework, go to the stalls to work with the horses. Now I have a couple of 2year-old fillies, a yearling and a mare about to foal. My dream is to win the Kentucky Derby. My fillies are good. One is called She Hate Me. I named her after Rod Smart, the He Hate Me guy from the XFL who's on our team. I love the way Rod goes about his business. Great work ethic, always hustling. Loves the game. I asked him if he'd mind if I did this, and he got a big smile on his face. He loved it. Hopefully she'll have some of Rod's speed.
• ON WHAT HE DOES ON HIS DAY OFF Tuesday, I watch the last four games of the team we're gonna play against that Sunday. I've got a Beta machine at home. I can't help it. I'm anal.
• ON FELLOW SOUTHERNER BRETT FAVRE Don't really know him, but he seems like a great guy. He likes to hunt more than I do. I like to shovel s--- because of the horses. I guess that would be a difference.
• ON THE NFL'S BEST QB I've always been a Favre guy. But to me, it's about winning it all, and Tom Brady's got two of 'em. I think Tom's the best. --As told to Peter King "
DELHOMME'S NUMBER 17 IS FOR DAUGHTER LAUREN, BORN DEC. 17, 2002. CAROLINA (1--1) HOSTS ATLANTA (3--0) THIS SUNDAY.
"I've caught myself nodding off on the bench."
--Robaire Smith, Texans DT, on his ability to fall asleep quickly. Page 37