That's whatthey're calling Cleveland, thanks to the surprising Browns
December 3, 2007
By Damon Hack
The NBA'sfourth-leading scorer is Kevin Martin. (Yes, you read that right) By ChrisMannix
42 Who's No. 1
Unranked at first,Missouri is two wins from a BCS title
• What aboutHawaii?
46 Who's theOne?
As the Heismanrace heads down the stretch, it's Tim Tebow by a nose
By Phil Taylor
He doesn't throwtantrums or threaten to move his teams. So why is he considered the weird one?Page 50
6 Leading Off
• In praise ofrunning up the score
• A Redskins staris shot
• First Person:Devin Hester
• A very specialAdvent calendar
• Is Dennis Millerreally smart?
30 Faces in theCrowd
72 Life ofReilly
After more than850 bylines it's time to see if my voice can carry in a whole new way
by Rick Reilly
Inside . . .
62 The NFL
• LT preachessacrifice in San Diego
67 High SchoolFootball
• The Top 10 PowerRankings
68 The NHL
• Will a new coachrally the Capitals?
• Up (Butler) anddown (Utah State)
PHOTOGRAPH BYDAMIAN STROHMEYER
INSET PHOTO: HeinzKluetmeier
helmet: David N.Berkwitz
For reprints of SIcovers visit www.SIcovers.com.
To sign up forSPORTS ILLUSTRATED'S free subscriber-only e-mail newsletter go tosicustomerservice.com/siextra.
NOW ON SI.COM
SPORTS IN REALTIME. ALL THE TIME. ALL FREE. CUSTOMIZED ACCESS TO ANY SIX OF YOUR FAVORITETEAMS. HD-QUALITY PHOTOS. STREAMING VIDEO. THE BEST NEWS AND ANALYSIS ON THEWEB
TEBOW, DANIEL,MCFADDEN AND WHITE BATTLE IT OUT.
The Heisman Watchis just the beginning: SI on Campus features the latest news and trends incollege sports, with weekly photo and video features including. . . .
• Campus Clicks:daily collection of the best links, videos and blogs for college sportsfans
• Superfans photogalleries: the wildest and wackiest in the stands
• The CollegeFootball Tour Guy: tailgate video from a different campus hot spot everyweek
• The Dean's List:SIOC's awards, honoring the best (and worst) in college sports each week
• Campus Cribs: aninside look at the homes of a wide variety of college athletes
• Plus: exclusiveblogs, features, polls and the Cheerleader of the Week
SEE ALL THIS ANDMORE AT SI.COM/SIONCAMPUS.
1. Ex-Alabama starin fatal wreck
2. Peter King:Patriots' scoring frenzy
3. Isiah Thomas isthe Turkey of the Year
1. Coverage ofbaseball's winter meetings: a Johan Santana trade?
2. NHL: MichaelFarber's On the Fly column
3. Media PowerRankings
Check 'em all outat SI.com/traffic.
SI.com andFanNation offer all the analysis you need to win your fantasy playoffs,including:
• Roster and tradehelp
• Ask theexpert
See it all atSI.com/fantasy.
Your news, yourway: Pick your favorite teams and get personalized news from across the Web aswell as photos on your desktop at SI.com/mySI.
Amid the frenzy of good feeling in Cleveland, defenders embraced cornerbackLeigh Bodden (28) after he broke up a pass during a 27-17 victory over theTexans on Sunday.