Mark Dantonio Announces New Developments in the Football Player/Rather Hall Incident. Eight Suspended Players Will Not Participate in the Bowl Game and Other Details.

Hondo S. Carpenter

In the aftermath of what Mark Dantonio described as a “Traumatic experience for this program,” he announced that eight previously suspended players will not participate in the bowl game. 

 

With the Right Man at the Helm of the Spartan Football Program, the Spartan Nation will come through this better and stronger.  Photo Courtesy of Starr Portice.

With the Right Man at the Helm of the Spartan Football Program, the Spartan Nation will come through this better and stronger. Photo Courtesy of Starr Portice.

After his announcement, I followed up by asking whether or not they will still practice and be with the team.  Dantonio said no. He also informed us that while they are on indefinite suspension, they are not allowed in any of the football facilities and are unable to attend any football functions. They are not allowed to be in the academic areas when other football players are present either.

 

Today’s announcement is not the end of the situation either. The prosecutor is expected to file charges (if the evidence is sufficient to do such) late Monday or Tuesday according to sources in the prosecutor’s office.

 

Dantonio left the door wide open for further punishment as the police continue and finalize their investigation. Dantonio repeatedly said that he is not an investigator or part of the investigation. He is supporting the Michigan State Police Department. 

 

Rather than give you my interpretation of the press conference, you can CLICK HERE to watch it in its entirety for yourself. Stay tuned to Spartan Nation for more information on this matter.

Comments

Football

FEATURED
COMMUNITY