Hondo S. Carpenter
Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- Joey Harrington is done in Detroit.Â You read that first here at Spartan Nation before anyone was covering it.Â It could be even completed as early as the end of the weekend!Â O.K. Joey haters this is your early Christmas present.
- The Lions have signed QB Josh McCown.Â That now clearly sets the stage for them to begin off season work outs.
- As you first read here, T.O. is certainly on the Cowboys wish list.Â The Broncoâ€™s interest certainly fell off after he visited.Â That does not mean that they are totally off the wagon, but they arenâ€™t as happy about it as the Cowboyâ€™s.
- Sources have told me that Janet-Jones Gretzky, the wife of the great one will be subpoenaed as a witness but not prosecuted.
- Keyshawn Johnson will get some interest from the Pats.Â Two sources close to the Pats told me that they think they are one playmaker away from being at the next level.Â They said that no one has ever question Keyshawn's heart and they think he would be fine in an â€œall footballâ€ environment like Foxboro.
- A Jet source told me that Chad Penningtonâ€™s recovery is better then expected.Â That does not mean that they wonâ€™t take a QB, but it does mean that if they get one, he will get the opportunity to learn the offense from Pennington ala Carson Palmer and John Kitna.
- O.K. are you listening.Â You are going to hear it here first.Â Commissioner of MLB Bud Selig is going to announce soon that he is launching an investigation into Barry Bonds steroid use.
- Red Wings won 3-1 last night and now have 95 points that makes them #1 in the NHL.Â Â They have tonight off.
- Pistons won last night 105-98 over the Raptors.Â They also have tonight off and they also have the best record in the NBA at 51-12.Â The Mavs also have 51 wins, but they additionally have 14 loses.
- Tigers beat Tampa Bay yesterday 12-10.Â They take on the Yankees today.
- With todayâ€™s start of the NCAA the only thing we can say is:Â Yee-Haa!
- Am I the only person who is enjoying Larry Brownâ€™s war with embattled PG Stephon Marbury?Â In case you need a reminder.Â The day those two joined up, I told you that this was coming.Â The two most (in my opinion) selfish people in the NBA are again fighting like an old married couple and we all get the joy of watching this train wreck!
- It is only 6 months and 22 days until the MSU vs. UM football game!
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them!