Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- On Fridayâ€™s Hondoâ€™s House my guest will be University of Illinois head basketball coach Bruce Weber.
- Listen people, there is real reasons to be excited that the NFL owners are getting their stuff together.Â It would appear (I just talked with a great NFL source) that the owners are very close to having a CBA.Â For you civilians that means collective bargaining agreement.Â That is what the NFL basis itâ€™s business on.Â The owners have a teleconference scheduled for today and it is very close.Â Let us all hope that cooler heads prevail and it happens.
- After talking to many people near and close to the decision, I would be surprised if Brett Favre did not return.Â If he had to make the decision today, he would be back.
- The NFL competition committee is reviewing and it looks like they will pass that instant replay can review fumbles when the officials call down by contact.Â That is huge.
- Vince Youngâ€™s poor wonderlic (read yesterdayâ€™s blog) although it should not have been disclosed, and the score doesnâ€™t matter he is a baler, was accurate.Â He chose an agent with poor NFL experience and many feel that his agentâ€™s failure to prepare him for it may cost him his job.
- Zeke Thomas and Larry Brown were summoned to Texas for a meeting with the owner, who wanted to know why his $125 million, NBAâ€™s largest payroll is not paying off.
- When I was at the combine I met several new sources.Â I talked to one this morning who told me that when the Maryland TE Vernon Davis ran a sub 4.4 40 and had his interview, that he moved into the top 10.
- MSU basketball needs to split the next 2 games at home to at least get to a 20-win season.Â Facing a huge rebuilding year next year that would be huge.Â One thing is certain, donâ€™t count this team out folks.
- Spartan Hockey with a big weekend off is set to win the CCHA.Â Rick Comley is clearly the coach of the year and his Spartanâ€™s are fighting to continue make the coaches critics to look like idiots.
- This Spartan hockey team has immense respect for what Comley has done and is doing so donâ€™t think for one second that his great recruiting wonâ€™t get better when these young men start talking to the new recruits.
- It is only 7 months and 7 days until the MSU vs. UM football game!
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them!
Scroll to Continue