Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- It is no secret that the Hoosiers are very interested in Iowa head coach Steve Alford.Â That said, after talking with a source in Bloomington today, IU is also very interested in Tom Crean at Marquette.Â Yes folks, that Tom Crean.Â The Spartan Nation favorite that used to coach at MSU.
- I talked with 2 NFL players who were at the Pro Bowl.Â Both said that Ray Lewis, the MLB of the Ravens was actively talking to players on other teams that he may want to play for next season.Â One of them told me:Â â€œthere is not way that Ray wants back in Baltimore.â€
- Barry â€œthe Juiceâ€ Bonds told USA Today that he would retire after this season.Â Now he tells MLB.com that he may come back.Â Let me help Juice Jr.:Â retire!Â In my opinion you are a jerk and a terrible member of the MLB family.
- Maglio Ordonez looked great at the first day of spring training, I was told by a source.Â He seems to be 100% and ready to be the Mags that the Tigers thought they were getting when the signed him.
- It is 7 months and 14 days until the MSU UM football game.
- I was told by a person highly connected with the NFL (he works for a team other then the Dolphins) that Ricky Williams failed drug test, was not because he was smoking tree, and that Ricky through his mother is telling people it was a legal substance.Â Ricky is in the stage 3 NFL drug program this source said that it would unchartered waters and he was unsure what would happen with the Ricky appeal that could be filed today.Â Ricky has taken 10 tests a month since his return and has passed them all.
- Curt Gowdy died at 86; all people who are involved in Sports as a living owe him a huge debt.Â I met him in 1990 at the Minneapolis Metrodome and he was so gracious and kind to me.Â I consider myself humbled to have met him, and most of all to have enjoyed his talent.Â RIP
- I have to go now to a very special interview for Hondoâ€™s House.Â It is one that you will definitely enjoy and I look forward to sharing it with you.
- The Chargers have decided that if they are unable to work out a long-term deal with QB Drew Brees, that they will not mark him as the franchise player and let him walk.Â There you go Charger fan, yet another dumb decision!
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them!
Scroll to Continue