The 2021 NBA Draft featured several Big Ten athletes being selected in the top-60 picks Thursday night. Michigan's Franz Wagner was the lone first-round selection, coming off the board at No. 8 overall. But he was far from the only conference player to hear their name called.
The second round was headlined by Illinois' Ayo Dosunmu and Iowa's Joe Wieskamp. In total, seven Big Ten basketball players were drafted into the professional ranks. Now, those who didn't hear their names called await undrafted free agent deals in the coming days.
These deals can range from training camp or summer deals to two-way contract deals. Here's a look at players who have already signed deals following the 2021 NBA Draft.
- Duane Washington, Ohio State – Indiana Pacers (two-way contract)
- Aaron Henry, Michigan State – Philadelphia 76ers (two-way contract)
- Micah Potter, Wisconsin – Miami Heat
- Chaundee Brown, Michigan – Los Angeles Lakers
Mike Smith, Michigan – Milwaukee Bucks
- SEVEN BIG TEN PLAYERS TAKEN IN 2021 NBA DRAFT: Michigan forward Franz Wagner was the only Big Ten player selected in the first round of the 2021 NBA Draft on Thursday night. Six different league players were taken in the second round. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE OLYMPIC TRACK AND FIELD ATHLETES: Purdue athletics sent a department-record 10 Olympians to Tokyo this year, including five athletes competing in track and field. The Olympic track and field events begin Friday and will continue through Sunday, Aug. 8. CLICK HERE
- REPORT: PURDUE FOOTBALL HIRING DAVID ELSON: According to Doug Samuels of FootballScoop, Purdue Football is hiring David Elson to join the coaching staff. He will serve in a defensive quality control type role and has experience as a head coach and defensive coordinator. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE BASEBALL HIRES TERRY ROONEY: Terry Rooney joins the Purdue baseball coaching staff having more than 25 years of coaching experience in college. He's coached multiple college award-winning pitchers, and many have taken their talents to the MLB. CLICK HERE