North Carolina looks to shake off the loss in Asheville at the Maui Invitational to Texas at the buzzer. The Heels traveled to Iowa City to face-off the Hawkeyes.
This is the fifth game between UNC and Iowa. The Hawkeyes have won three of the first four, including the most recent game, a 60-55 Iowa win in Chapel Hill In December 2014.
Carolina is 3-8 against Texas. The Longhorns are one of only 10 teams that have played UNC multiple times and have a winning record against the Tar Heels. Carolina’s last win over Texas came on 12/21/11 in Chapel Hill.
UNC Starting five against Iowa for the ACC/B1G Ten Challenge: Leaky Black, Garrison Brooks, RJ Davis, Armando Bacot, and Caleb Love
- UNC wins the tip but Love misses the first jumper of the game.
- Bacot with the first point for Carolina at the 16 minute mark
- Davis follows up with a three!
- Love's tow pointed bring the heels within 9 of Iowa, 16-7
- Media timeout in Iowa City, Carolina is down by nine, 16-7. UNC is shooting 33% from the field compared to Iowa's 66%. Davis leads the Heels in points with 3.
- Media Timeout: Carolina cant seem to catch a break as they trail Iowa, 30-15. 8 Turnovers, 12 Rebounds, and 5 Assists as a team. Sharpe leads in points with 4.
- Halftime in Iowa City, Carolina trails, 43-31. North Carolina has 9 turnovers with Iowa making 11 points off of them. Caleb Love leads the Heels in points with 6 points.
- Caleb Love opens the half strong with a dunk to seemingly energize the Heels as they fight their way back.
- Carolina showing some aggression in the second half and cutting the Iowa lead down toffee, 50-45.
- Garrison Brooks with a strong presence leading the Heels in pints with 11.
- Day'ron Sharpe showing incredible energy on the bench
- Carolina sees their first lead of the game after two big free throws from RJ Davis
- Carolina has let this game slip from them. Foul trouble has plagued the Heels and forced them to play small and as a result, the Hawkeyes took off.
- Free throws also continue to be a problem for the Heels; they're 12-20 from the line.
- North Carolina cant seem to make a comeback against Iowa's effective shooting and ability to get to the foul line.
- UNC losses the B1G Ten/ACC Challenge against Iowa, 80-93.