This week, EA Sports rolled out its Madden 22 NFL ratings. While center Frank Ragnow certainly earned his 88 rating, one rating has left many supporters of the Detroit Lions scratching their heads.
Tight end T.J. Hockenson, who is entering his third season, is only the ninth-ranked tight end, with an 85 overall rating.
In 2020, Hockenson had a 77 overall rating. He was able to build upon his rookie season, as he recorded 67 receptions for 723 yards and six touchdowns.
This season, it is expected that Hockenson and new Lions signal-caller Jared Goff will quickly form a connection; thus, allowing Hockenson to produce at an even higher level than last year.
“Hock’s got to be able to block, but I think Hockenson can be a real mismatch in the pass game," Detroit head coach Dan Campbell said. "That’s really where I think he can excel, and you can feel Jared (Goff) wants to go to him now. He sees it. So, I do see that rapport.”
Recommended Lions Articles
Anthony Lynn on Ravens 'Aggressive' Defense: 'There Are Holes'
Detroit Lions offense coordinator comments on the Baltimore Ravens aggressive defense.
Why the Detroit Lions Need to Worry about Ravens WR Marquise Brown
Detroit Lions secondary could have their hands full with this talented Ravens wideout.
Mike Valenti Ponders Trading T.J. Hockenson and Frank Ragnow
Lions flagship radio station offers suggestion for how the Detroit Lions should rebuild.
Top 10 Detroit Lions ratings on EA Sports Madden 22
- Ragnow -- 88
- Hockenson -- 85
- Defensive lineman Michael Brockers -- 82
- Outside linebacker Trey Flowers -- 81
- Punter Jack Fox -- 80
- Linebacker Jamie Collins -- 79
- Wide receiver Tyrell Williams -- 79
- Outside linebacker Romeo Okwara -- 79
- Running back D'Andre Swift -- 78
- Left tackle Taylor Decker -- 78
- Offensive lineman Penei Sewell -- 75
- Defensive end Levi Onwuzurike -- 71
- Nose tackle Alim McNeill -- 71
- Cornerback Ifeatu Melifonwu -- 67
- Wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown -- 67
- Linebacker Derrick Barnes -- 66
- Running back Jermar Jefferson -- 64