Rodgers Nominated for FedEx Air Award
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, not surprisingly, is one of the three nominees for this week’s FedEx Air Player of the Week
Rodgers completed 25 of 31 passes (80.6 percent) for 429 yards with five touchdowns, zero interceptions and a max passer rating of 158.3 in Green Bay’s 42-24 rout of the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.
- Rodgers added a rushing touchdown, giving him his first six-touchdown performance since throwing for six against Chicago on Nov. 9, 2014.
- Minnesota’s Kirk Cousins completed 24 of 34 attempts (70.6 percent) for 337 yards, four touchdowns and zero interceptions for a 141.4 passer rating in the Vikings’ 42-30 win over the Detroit Lions.
- Indianapolis’ Jacoby Brissett completed 26 of 39 attempts (66.7 percent) for 326 yards, four touchdowns and zero interceptions for a 126.7 passer rating in the Colts’ 30-23 win over the Houston Texans.
- Minnesota running back Dalvin Cook rushed for 142 yards on 25 attempts (5.7 avg.) and two touchdowns in the Vikings’ 42-30 win over the Detroit Lions.
- Arizona running back Chase Edmonds rushed for 126 yards on 27 attempts (4.7 avg.) and three touchdowns in the Cardinals’ 27-21 win over the New York Giants.
- New Orleans running back Latavius Murray rushed for 119 yards on 27 attempts (4.4 avg.) and two touchdowns in the Saints’ 36-25 win over the Chicago Bears.
Each Tuesday morning of the regular season, through Thursday at 3 p.m. ET, fans can visit NFL.com/FedEx or the NFL Twitter page to vote for their favorite performances of the week, with FedEx awarding a $2,000 donation in the winning players’ names to The USO.