Boston College vs. High Point: Open Thread and Live Blog
Boston College is facing off with High Point today on the ACC Network.
Join us as we live-blog and discuss the Boston College Eagles and the Clemson Tigers game here in our weekly Gameday Open Thread. Dive into the conversation — it's easy — by simply going to the top of the site and in the bottom righthand corner of the BC Maven logo, click the follow button.
You can log in with Facebook or Google and either way, it's free. From there, sound off in the comment section and share your reactions and observations with our staff, subscribers and fellow members of the BC Maven community as we react to the game in real time. We hope you comment, it makes watch alongs an even richer experience, and we want to hear what you have to say about the game.
Follow Us On Social Media:
If you haven't followed BC Maven on the socials you are missing out on all the fun! Like our site on Facebook, and you can also follow BC Maven on Twitter, follow AJ Black on Twitter as well. And we now have an Instagram account, which you will want to check out as well for even more Boston College content.
*Eagles started off with a strong 12 point lead led by 5 by Jared Hamilton, but allowed High Point to jump back in
* Around the five minute mark BC started to pull away up 26-14. Steffon Mitchell leads all scorers with 7 points.
* At the half BC is up 33-18, the defense again is the story, holding High Point to just 22% from the field, Jared Hamilton leads the Eagles in scoring with 12 points, while Mitchell has 7 points and 4 steals.
* Derryck Thornton has been cold all game, shooting just 1-7 from the field.
* Cold shooting by the Panthers, and BC has jumped up to a 42-18 lead earlier in the half.
* This is the kind of game you would want to see BC play against a team with a KenPom rating in the 300's. BC is up VERY big 48-18, dominating on both ends of the floor.
* Boston College is starting to get cute on offense, and not just taking the easy buckets 55-26
* Eagles are just relentless on defense. CJ Felder just ripped the ball out of a High Point guard's hands.
Boston College wins 59-33.
Story of the game, BC holds High Point to 21% shooting from the field.