DETROIT LIONS TO PROVIDE FANS UNRIVALED DRAFT-DAY EXPERIENCE
Hondo S. Carpenter
Allen Park, Mich.-The Detroit Lions are offering fans exclusive opportunities for an unrivaled up-close draft day experience Saturday, April 29. Fans can live the draft in-person at Ford Field, online at detroitlions.com, on television and on the radio.
DETROIT LIONS DRAFT DAY PARTY
The 18th Annual Detroit Lions Draft Day Party, presented by Wireless Giant and Blackberry, will be held Saturday at Ford Field with doors opening at 11 a.m. Admission is $6.00, and kids four and under will be admitted free of charge. Tickets are on sale now at local Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster.com, and the Ford Field Ticket Office. Tickets may also be purchased at Ford Field on the day of the event.
- One-Day-Only Pre-Sale: Lions Preseason Tickets:Â Tickets for the 2006 Detroit Lions Preseason home games will be on sale exclusively at Ford Field during the Draft Day Party for a one-day-only special pre-sale. Fans can purchase preseason tickets at the indoor ticket windows in the atrium area at Ford Field this Saturday only. After the special Draft Day Party Pre-Sale concludes, Lions preseason season tickets will not be available for purchase until June 28, 2006.
- Two-For-One Coupons:Â Coupons that will allow fans to buy two draft day tickets for the price of one will be available at all Metro Detroit Wireless Giant locations. Coupons are redeemable at the Ford Field Ticket Office. Fans can visit http://www.wirelessgiant.com/locations.asp?c_state_MI to find the nearest Wireless Giant location.
- Players Scheduled To Appear:Â Current and Alumni Lions players will be available throughout the event to sign autographs, meet the fans and instruct youth football clinics on the field as part of the Detroit Lions Youth Football Program.
- Fan-Tastic Entertainment:Â Fans will have the opportunity to get into the action with the NFL Experience on the field. Also on the field will be youth football clinics and tours of the Detroit Lions locker room.
- Join The Club!:Â The Lions Premium Seat department will host a Club Seat sale and Seat Selection along with a VIP Reception for Suites and Hospitality Areas at Draft Day. Current Detroit Lions Club Seat Holders are also invited to the South Club reception. Fans who purchase season-long Club Seats at the Draft Day Party will have the opportunity to purchase up to 4 (four) tickets to Kenny Chesney's "The Road & The Radio" Tour at Ford Field on August 26, 2006. They will also receive free passes to the private VIP block party prior to the concert. Club Seats are the only season tickets available for Lions games.
The Lions' official internet site, Detroitlions.com, will provide continuous coverage throughout draft weekend, including updates during and after each Lions selection is made. Featured contents will include stories and bios on Lions draft picks, draft ticker, audio streams of draft press conferences, streaming content provided by the NFL network, notes and transcripts.