Hondo's April 28, 2006 Blog! Lot's of juicy morsels!
Hondo S. Carpenter
Hondo S. Carpenter, Sr.
Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- Â·Donâ€™t forget to join me each weeknight for Mid-Michiganâ€™s most sports at 6:15 p.m. Monday thru Friday on ABC 53.
- Â·On Hondoâ€™s House Monday night, you can meet the Lions #1 draft pick. Stay tuned!
- Â·A certain QB intrigues the Lions and although they need and will go defense, if he falls to their ninth pick (which would be a shock) they could go QB.
- Â·Ernie Sims, the FSU LB, is a great player, no doubt. But NFL insiders are terrified about some off the field character issues. One NFL scout told me this morning: â€œit is difficult to pick a guy that high and pay him millions and have so many issues. Hondo, look at your Lions and C. Rog? How about Sean Taylor and the Skins? We just canâ€™t take those risks and we donâ€™t see who can.â€ One word about that: OUCH!
- Â·Green Bay is going to let Charles Woodson play WR as well as DB and Brett Favre loves the idea.
- Â·The Toronto Argonauts of the CFL are planning on negotiating with Ricky Williams about playing in the CFL.
- Â·I talked with folks from both the Denver and Philly and they both told me that they have huge interest in Javon Walker of the Packers who has said: â€œI wonâ€™t play in Green Bay.â€
- Â·Make no mistake that the Raiders are not sold on their QB. They wouldnâ€™t have dropped 8 million on Aaron Brooks (the most prolific underachiever that keeps getting chances) if they were.
- Â·MLB has said that if or when â€œhe who must not be namedâ€ breaks Babe Ruthâ€™s home run record, they will do nothing to celebrate it. They may however give the first 10,000 fans a bottle of the cream and the clear.
- Â·I am going to Milwaukee for the Pistons game 3. I am telling you that the Pistons will not lose at the Palace this off-season and they will sweep the Bucks!
- Â·It is so wonderful to see the Spartan Nation's Charlie Bell doing so well. He is such a great Spartan but most of all a great person that you canâ€™t help but love that guy. He is a class act.
- Â·I am not a moaner about officiating, but it has been terrible in the Wings/Oilers series and to be frank, the NHL should be ashamed. The good news is that it has been equally bad.
- Â·The Tigers are back in action today against the Twins. I sure love the Tigers and this will be a great series.
- Â·Kobe is changing his jersey next season from #8 to #24. Guess what Kobe? Youâ€™re still the defendant to me!
- Â·The Spartan Nations Scott Skiles is dealing with disgruntled Ben Gordon the same way he always has: with straight in your face give me no crap directness. You gotta love it when an NBA coach, let alone a member of the Spartan Nation breaks the NBAâ€™s "baby the star" approach.
- Â·I just talked with a Red Wings source and they said that they are about 65% sure Steve Yzerman will play Saturday at the Joe. Hondoâ€™s highlights will be there, so stay tuned.
- Â·Bob Huggins, who I canâ€™t stand, almost left KSU before coaching a game. The West Virginia job almost came open and if it had, he was already pushing behind the scenes to get it. I wonder how that plays at KSU, he already has a foot out the door. Serves KSU right, you get what you get, and he is, in my opinion, a tool!
- Â·You have a better chance of me turning down a box of Krispy Kreme donuts then N.C. State getting a coach who is actually interested in the job. For a 2-time national championship program what is the issue? It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
- Â·Dmitri Young of the Tigers had his little brother Delmon get in trouble again and get an indefinite suspension from the minor leagues. Way to go Delmon, it appears you got your class from your brother. Donâ€™t like the Umps call and throw a bat at his grillâ€¦Classy!
- Â·31 Bowl games have been approved for the 2006 season, however if the Houston Bowl can get its money in order then they could be approved again.
- Â·It is only 5 months and 9 days until the MSU vs. UM football game!
See you tonight on Hondoâ€™s House at 7:30 if youâ€™re in the Mid Michigan market.
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them! Peace! -H